Saturday, May 5, 2012

I feel as though my blog topics are somehow becoming redundant... This one definitely won't be as long as the others... but my RA, (and future RA partner) Morgan read this to us a few weeks ago.

Although Hindu, Gandhi had a very close connection with Christianity and admired Jesus very much, often quoting from his favorite 'Sermon on the Mount" chapter in Matthew 5-7.  When the missionary E. Stanley Jones met with Gandhi he asked him, "Mr. Gandhi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?" Gandhi replied, "Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."  "If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ, as found in the Bible, all of India would be Christian today," he added.


That's wow.  Because I know I fail at that. We all fail at that.  But to think that people are pulled away from Christ because of the way Christians act really hits me hard. I want to always be reminded of the importance it is to be obedient to Christ and to act like Him.  People really watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment