Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two more weeks

I head back to Lynchburg in a mere two weeks. Everything is just soaking in.  I'm about to become an RA. Officially.  But I think over the Summer, I've had the opportunity to reflect on what that really means.  For once, I want to do something for someone else, where I put my own personal interests and well being aside. These 40 girls are my priority and responsibility for the next 8 months. 

I'm really excited about getting to know these girls. Excited about investing into their lives, on a personal and spiritual level.  Wow, is it seriously pulling in that closely?

My family is leaving for Jamaica on Saturday morning, so I think I will be spending a good portion of next week brainstorming, looking for craft ideas for name tags.  Throwing ideas through my partner, Morgan for the year, hall activities, budget, etc. RHLM's, Hall Meetings.  My mind is spinning from the possibilities. 

I think this is actually the perfect time to plan, start putting things together, etc. 

AHH Exciting!

-Quayla

No comments:

Post a Comment