Friday, October 28, 2011

Prayer

This week has actually been quite an interesting one.  Though I am glad that the weekend is finally here.  

I have been doing some reflections over the past few weeks with classes, careers, etc.  I have definitely made my official decision to switch my specialization to Public Relations and Broadcasting.  Everything will work out for the most part.  I will only have to take 1 internship instead of two. (Although, I may try doing more than 1 anyway).  

God is definitely moving in my life. I have had the opportunity to gain experience in something that I haven't even studied yet (I actually having something that I can put on my resume haha).  He has allowed solid people to come through my life and helped me grow closer to Him. He has definitely helped me with patience, and helped me establish myself as a leader.  He has showed me how much I need to rely on Him.  I don't even know if I could do it all if I didn't have Him in my life.   

God has also showed me  how and gave me the biggest urge to have a consistent prayer life.  Of course I have prayed regularly in the past.  But I really think that most of the time that I've prayed, it was just to say that I "prayed". It wasn't genuine. I mean, I had genuine prayers every now and then.. but not on a consistent basis.  I actually found myself the other day up at 3:30 AM studying, and then I just stopped everything that I was doing and prayed.  For the girls in my quad... for the girls in my prayer group, for the girls on my hall, for my RAs, SLDs, then for myself and my family.. it went on.  Honestly, there is SO much that someone can pray for, so there never is really a reason for anyone to say that they don't know what to pray.  You can really sense the power of God move when you pray.  I never realized or experienced that before.  It's amazing.  I'm glad that we are able to connect with God through prayer. I feel so much closer to Him on a personal level than ever before.  Wow..

That's just something brief that I wanted to share.

-Quayla

No comments:

Post a Comment