Friday, February 12, 2010

I guess I can start here...

Tuesday pretty much started my two month countdown for my birthday. I think I've always began to accurately countdown for my birthday at the 2-month mark.
I'll be 18 years old. WOW

So here's some of the things that have impacted me over my life; Things I've learned etc:

I'm actually really excited because like most people my age, I am about to start the next stage of my life: Adulthood. I'm very glad that I have the parents that I do. Because not only did they keep me in church for majority of my life, they made sure that I displayed reverence for God. That I developed a relationship with Him. That I was respectful to adults as well as my peers.

My parents were the ones that didn't tolerate foolishness. I remember growing up despising that fact, but after seeing how SO many people that grew up with me are in life, I'm very glad that my parents have enforced the things that they have.

So I think I've accomplished a lot. Not as much as I would've liked to, but I can't say that I didn't have the opportunity to do anything. I've done ballet for 7 years. its been 6 years since I've done it.. haha and it's probably almost like I've never done it lol. But I've actually considered getting back into it. Maybe in college during my free time? I played soccer for one. Then after that, it's been basketball. I've played basketball since I was about 8 years old. I think I can say that my freshman year was my best year. I was my best size for it and I mastered my position-Power Forward. I was the youngest player on the team, and got just about the same amount of playing time as the seniors. I was the only freshman in the league who made "All-Conference" and I also got the MVP award in the Three Point Marketing Tournament. However, I tore my Acl in January of my 8th grade year. Had surgery for it in October, my 10th grade year.. Yeah.. I figured out that I'm a toughie because I played an entire year with a torn ACL. Caused me to tear my medial and lateral menisci really bad. Hmm... Lot of damage. I missed my 10th grade year for basketball... so I sat on the bench watching almost every game because my dad was the coach. That showed that he was dedicated. I played my 11th grade year with a different team and shockingly made All-Conference. Didn't do too great that year in my opinion.. ha I lost probably 25-30 pounds. SO going into basketball season, I weighed 125 lbs probably. That's the smallest that I've ever been since the 6th grade. I managed to get back to 140.
I played AAU for 5 seasons I believe. In March of '09.... I retore my medial meniscus... Got that taken out and didn't play this year. I miss it a lot but its all good.. I can say that I was an pretty good player when I did everything that I was supposed to. I used to want to play in the WNBA... haha then I got 16 years old and realized that is not really something that I want to do with my life. Not playing basketball actually had its pro's.. I starting learning how to carry myself like a young woman.

I was a tomboy from the 4th grade..up until... I guess the middle of my 10th grade year..that's when I started the transition.. I think my biggest transition came in my Junior year... now.. I enjoy wearing dresses from time to time.. I learned how to curl/straighten my hair.. you wouldn't catch me wearing my hair in a ponytail anymore.. (unless I'm in a rush and have to recurl my hair or something).. wear nail polish.. I like the color pink.. I actually have 2 piece bathing suits that I wear w/o shorts.... weird.

Growing up has been interesting. I've made several mistakes.. However, I've been able to learn from every single one of them. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger =)

I'm proud to say that out of the 18 years of my life, I've only been in one relationship. I don't know ANYONE my age that has done that. I've basically been set apart and stood out because of it.

I've never gotten pregnant or had an actual sexual encounter that would lead to pregnancy. I've broken a generational curse by being 18 years old and not pregnant. =)

I've never smoked.. never taken drugs (other than the prescribed mess ha)

I've gotten accepted into great schools, Xavier University, Liberty University, VCU, Miami U, Towson, and Lynchburg College. I like proving people wrong. There have been people who have told me that I was an idiot and dumb... Just because I was homeschooled.. yet I've gotten accepted into competitive schools. =) With scholarships.

I have people looking up to me. So I know that I have to set an example for others and I can't be like everyone else.

I've learned that there are a very few people that don't fall into stereotypical stuff...

I've learned how to choose my friends correctly... yeah I've made some cuts in the past.. gotta get my scissors out again too

I've developed really good friendships. Even though we rarely talk, we'll always be friends.

I kind of prefer to tell someone that I love them through my actions.. but then there are times when I will say them with my words


I'm actually old enough to get married.. doesn't mean that I'm going to get married now.. just means that I'm actually allowed to date..... but my parents are having me take a dating class for 6 weeks.. starting on April 19th. its going to be a bit uncomfortable.. but I'll just get it done and over with.

Made a decision that I'm NOT getting married and moving into an apartment. I better move into a house.. that's all I'm going to say..

I got my license... (happiness) took forever! But the amount of time that it took to get it made me learn how important it is to listen to my parents... they know and have seen a lot more.

Learned that there is more to life than sports..

I have had great people help me realize not just in my mind.. but in my heart.. the true values of being pure and being a girl...wait.. woman.. of purity.

I hang out with people of all ages and races. I enjoy it a lot because I'm able to relate to just about anyone!

I adopted a big brother..

I've learned how to have a relationship with God for myself.

Events: (crazy and sane) that have happened/heard about throughout my lifetime:

First black president (exciting...he's a bit crazy but we still need to pray for him). The whole election was CRAZY.. goodness.. because there were both "racial" and "religious" issues all up in it. A lot of black people who were born after 1980 were acting as though they experienced segregation back in the 60's. Then a lot of people claimed that just because someone decided to vote for Obama that they weren't Christians, etc.. ha I think I wrote a Note about it on FB..

NY Giants won the super bowl.. AFTER I predicted it.. well more like exactly like I predicted it.. haha (I didn't predict it just cuz I was a fan lol)

Michael Jackson died (sadness.. but I never realized how GREAT of a musician he was until AFTER he died.. =/)

Rosa Parks died

Coretta Scott King died

James Brown died =(

The Twin Towers collapsed. Sept. 11, 2001 That had to have been a BIG event for the United States

Tsunami in Thailand.. oh em gee...

Haiti...

Princess Diana... =/

Will Smith came into the picture =)

Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake at the super bowl=hot mess.. even though I never watch the half-time shows, its kind of interesting/funny how the sports committee get performers that none of us have EVER heard of lol

Brittany Spears cut off ALL her hair!

Chris Crocker lol

Derrick Rose=straight awesomeness..

but Lebron James=best basketball player alive...

ahh that Detroit/Indiana Brawl

The Doritoes Commercial w/ the little black boy

Volkswagon Commercial w/ Stevie Wonder.. so ironic

Brett Favre went in and out of retirement idk how many times..

Michael Jordan came out of retirement for a year.. did..ok...

Allen Iverson went in and out of retirement.. after about 24 hours lol

Channing TTAAATTTUUUMMMM!!!!


MY NEAR FUTURE:


College: Going to Liberty University.. hopefully for the full term.. if I don't like it, then I'll transfer to UR or VCU
Major: Journalism
Minor: Kinesiology
but not limited to
Career: Sports Journalism..

AFTER THAT
Getting married and moving someplace warm lol
So not.. going to home school my kids
however, my kids are going to be smart =)
will be able to play a few instruments... yeah.. musically inclined..

No comments:

Post a Comment