Monday, June 4, 2012

Book Two Completion: The Way of the Shepherd

I finished my second book about a week ago.  I'm not entirely sure why it took me as long as it did, the book was only 113 pages.  But it was actually a really good book for me.  I've learned a lot about the connection that I good leader has to a good shepherd.  The Way of the Shepherd gave seven secrets to managing productive people.

1. Know the Condition of Your Flock

2. Discover the Shape of Your Sheep

3. Help Your Sheep Identify With You

4. Make Your Pasture a Safe Place

5.  The Staff of Direction

6. The Rod of Correcttion

7. The Heart of a Shepherd

All of these were really vital things to take heed of when it comes to leading people.  In a work environment, or church environment, etc.  Even in a school environment.  Ha this was really important to me especially when it comes to having a leadership team.

Well, that's a brief summary.

I'm reading Called to Lead and Catching Fire now (I added two more books to my list haha).  We'll see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment