Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Random Thoughts-Brainstorming.. MONEY!! haha

I had an intense urge to journal.. but for some odd reason, I decided to leave my books at school.
I couldn't wait any longer to fill something into it. So I'm going to fill in a blog post.

Coming home for Winter Break is definitely a combination of excitement, relaxation... and then frustration to boredom.  For me to be "mentally" stable, I have to be active and doing something constantly... so sitting around for four weeks of the same exact routine of nothing-ness is absolutely a drag.  I'm actually kind of hoping that I won't have to have another break like this ever again.  (Especially Summer)

Though, I don't think I'm going to come home for Spring Break this year.  I'm hoping that I can at least have a job somewhere in Lynchburg that I can possibly be working at during that break.  I'm in the process of applying for quite a bit of places.  Getting applications printed and ready so that as soon as I get to Lynchburg, I can go and submit them.

Right now, the biggest set-back is not having a car, or a consistent phone number. I can't take the statement of "believing God" for those things, without taking the initiative to stepping in action to getting them.  So, me getting a car is going to start by me first getting a job. I've been blessed because my quadmate is willing to take me to work by just chipping in for gas.  Which is a BIG help. Especially since the places in Lynchburg are so close to school.
Hopefully, if things go well, I can have a job for the Spring Semester, and then working/transferring to a location in Richmond for the Summer.. or working at a camp.  They are going to do a Camp Fair in February at Liberty.  So I will take the initiative to apply to as many as possible.  For one, being in Richmond is not going to do much for me. Secondly, I need to get money saved up for quite a bit of things.

The thing about working is that I have tons of experience... just volunteer work.. So I guess it's time to start making money for it.  And I'm way past the age of relying on my parents to give me money.

I think I should apply to become a nanny or something lol.  I've heard that they actually bring in a bit. And I'm really good with children for one.  I've worked with them for years.  I guess the biggest downfall to actually becoming a nanny is the fact that I don't have CPR certification -___- ha.

Then I'm looking around for some other ideas.  Like potential selling stock photos.  I have quite a bit that I can use now.. But I wonder how much I can get from it.  If it works well I can definitely use the extra cash.

But everything will fall into place.  I just need not worry about it.  I'm glad at the moment I don't have any expenses.. but is it weird that I want to just create that responsibility on my own?

Now I'm trying to decide if its the fact that I just need something to do, or just want money.. or both haha.

Yeah... it's probably both.

-Quayla

No comments:

Post a Comment