Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thoughts

I had the opportunity to go to a wedding this afternoon for Briana Dawkins. it's interesting because now that I am pretty much able to make my own decisions as far as going places and participating in things, so when it comes to weddings, I'm very selective about the ones that I go to. Pretty much because there are a lot of people nowadays that get married for the wrong reasons, or in some cases, they aren't ready for marriage. Those factors are basically the ones that lead to divorce. My dad and I somehow have a pet peeve of that. Definitely.

Well... anyways.. I've had the opportunity to play basketball with Bri during my 8th grade year and her sister, April during 8th and 9th grade. After the 10th grade, I would probably see them every now and then. But it was always great to see/talk to them when I did. I have been able to see their family maintain a lifestyle of purity. They LOVED God with everything within them.

Bri' wedding was phenomenal! Christ centered, simple, but I have to say that it was the most beautiful and BEST wedding that I have ever been to. It is kind of how I would like for my wedding to be... Christ centered. Of course the wedding was for them, but you could see how much they would pull away from themselves to serve God whole heartedly (sp). It was very well explained how when two people come closer to each other as they become closer to God. It was definitely something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment